Development fee rebate incentive in Georgina
New three-tiered format in effect as of Feb. 24, 2021
The three-tiered program is intended to provide an incentive program that recognizes the significant benefits of larger development in terms of job creation and tax assessment and provides an incentive that is scaled accordingly. The new three-tiered system incentives are based on the amount of square footage and full-time positions being created. Rebates will be up to 50 per cent of the application fee to a maximum of $15,000 for a single application. For multiple applications, rebates will be up to 75 per cent to a maximum of $50,000 per property.
Tier 1: 50 per cent of application fee up to a maximum of $10,000 or 50 per cent up to a maximum of $20,000 for multiple applications.
Tier 2: 50 per cent of application fee up to a maximum of $15,000 and 50 per cent up to a maximum of $30,000 for multiple applications.
Tier 3: 50 per cent of application fee up to a maximum of $15,000 and 75 per cent up to a maximum of $50,000 for multiple applications.
Rebates provided assist with application fees associated with:
- Minor Variance
- Zoning Amendment
- Official Plan Amendment
- Site Plan Application
- Industrial Plan of Subdivision/Condominium
If you have further questions regarding the Development Application Fee Rebate Program, please contact Karyn Stone at 905-476-4301 ext. 2312, firstname.lastname@example.org or Sean Columbus at 905-476-4301 ext. 2330, email@example.com.
Tier 1 Program
- has the potential to create or retain 5-10 full time jobs and /or;
- results in the creation of a minimum of 1,500 - 5,000 sq. ft. of new floor area.
Tier 2 Program
- has the potential to create or retain 11-25 full time jobs and/or;
- results in the creation of a minimum of 5,001 - 49,000 sq. ft. of new floor area.
Tier 3 Program
- has the potential to create or retain 25+ full time jobs and/or;
- results in the creation of a minimum of 50,000 sq. ft. of new floor area.
Weller Tree Service expands in Georgina
Discover how your business can leverage the unique advantages Georgina offers:
- Find available properties and land for sale in Georgina.
- Learn about our Business Park.
- Access business resources and support programs in our community.
- Explore more incentives that may be available to your business.
To stay in the know, subscribe to our bi-weekly eNnewsletter, showcasing Economic Development news, available properties, market opportunities and upcoming workshops or training.