Georgina Leisure Pool
This fully accessible aquatic facility hosts three swimming pools including a lap, leisure and therapy pool along with a slide.
Staff at the Georgina Leisure Pool are excited to welcome you back, we missed you! Let's fall back into swimming as the doors open on Sept. 21, 2020 with limited programming.
New safety procedures and protocols have been put in place. We ask all patrons to familiarize themselves with the new protocols as the rules have changed and will be enforced.
- Masks must be worn inside the facility at all times. The mask can only be removed when participating in the swimming activity.
- Pools will operate at a reduced capacity limit (i.e. bather load)
- Physical distancing of two metres must be maintained at all times
- Complete a COVID-19 self-assessment prior to entering the facility, if you answer yes to any of the questions, please stay home.
- Use hand sanitizer upon entry of the building.
- Permit holders and participants will be permitted to enter the building 15 minutes prior to their rental/program/lesson/activity.
- Permit holders and participants must exit within 15 minutes after the completion of their rental/program/lesson/activity.
- Registration is required for all entry into the facility (i.e. drop-in lane swims, Aquafit etc). More information to follow.
- No spectators will be permitted into the facility at this point in time.
- Family change room is entry point for pool.
- Male and female change room designated as exit point.
- Patrons are to arrive in a bathing suit and may change out of a wet bathing suit prior to leaving the facility.
- Chairs will be placed two metres apart on deck for personal belongings.
- At this time, showers and change rooms are not permitted for use.
- Swimmers are requested to shower at home before and after swimming.
- Waterslide will remain closed until further notice.
- participants may bring their own fitness equipment to lane swim only, subject to approval upon entry.
With the Fall weather changing quicker than anticipated, the Town has accelerated our move into phase 2 of our pool reopening plan to permit changing out of a wet bathing suit prior to leaving the facility. Please note changing must still occur within the allotted time frame of 15 minutes to exit the facility.
Showers will remain unavailable at this time.
Entry to the facility remains the same – Participant arrival is 15 minutes prior to the activity and participants must arrive in bathing suit.
Registration or a permit is required for all swimming activities.
Registration for drop-in and registered programs is now open. Visit the online registration system to register today!
Swim programs will be open for registration at least one week prior to their start date.
Come and make a splash at the Georgina Leisure Pool!