Georgina Leisure Pool
Reopening on Sept. 27 for pre-registered drop-in programs - Registration now open
Aquatic lessons will begin on Oct. 12 with registration opening on Sept. 28 at 8:30 a.m.
Public swims opportunities will be introduced in late fall.
This fully accessible aquatic facility hosts three swimming pools including a lap, leisure and therapy pool along with a slide.
We ask all patrons to familiarize themselves with the new safety procedures and protocols as the provincial regulations have changed and will be enforced. The Town is implementing these procedures in accordance with provincial regulations and York Region Public Health letter of instruction. Please be patient and respectful with Town staff as they begin implementing these new provincial and York Region Public Health protocols.
- The Town will be complying to the provincial regulations and require all patrons entering the Georgina Leisure Pool to show proof of identification and of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the point of entry. Limited exemptions will be made as allowed by the Government of Ontario's regulations.
- To enter the facility, the following are required:
- Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 vaccination certificate or other government-issued vaccination record.
- Acceptable identification which includes name and birthdate – photo ID is not required. (Examples include birth certificate, citizenship card, driver's licence or other government-issued ID.)
- Who needs to show proof of vaccination at Town recreation facilities?
- Anyone 12 years and older
- As per provincial regulations, anyone who refuses to share the required information will not be allowed to enter Town recreation facilities.
- One parent/guardian per participant will be permitted into the facility.
- Pools will operate at a reduced capacity limit (i.e. bather load)
- Masks must be worn inside the facility at all times. The mask can only be removed when participating in the swimming activity.
- Physical distancing of two metres must be maintained at all times
- Complete a COVID-19 self-assessment prior to entering the facility, if you answer yes to any of the questions, please stay home.
- Use hand sanitizer upon entry of the building.
- Permit holders and participants will be permitted to enter the building 15 minutes prior to their rental/program/lesson/activity.
- Permit holders and participants must exit within 15 minutes after the completion of their rental/program/lesson/activity.
- Registration is required for all entry into the facility (i.e. drop-in lane swims, Aquafit etc). More information to follow.
- Family change room is entry point for pool.
- Male and female change room designated as exit point.
- Children participating in and all pre-school and swim levels up to Swim Kids 4 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian who remains in the water for the duration of the class.
- Patrons are to arrive in a bathing suit and may change out of a wet bathing suit prior to leaving the facility.
- Chairs will be placed two metres apart on deck for personal belongings.
- At this time, showers, lockers and stalls are not permitted for use.
- Swimmers are requested to shower at home before and after swimming.
- Waterslide will remain closed until further notice.
- Participants may bring their own fitness equipment to lane swim only, subject to approval upon entry.
|Incomplete Sea Otter||Swim Kids 1|
|Complete Sea Otter||Swim Kids 1|
|Incomplete Salamander||Swim Kids 1|
|Complete Salamander||Swim Kids 1|
|Incomplete Sunfish||Swim Kids 1|
|Complete Sunfish||Swim Kids 2|
|Incomplete Crocodile||Swim Kids 2|
|Complete Crocodile||Swim Kids 3|
|Incomplete Whale||Swim Kids 3|
|Complete Whale||Swim Kids 3|
Come and make a splash at the Georgina Leisure Pool!