Each Term of Office, the Town of Georgina Council invites community members to sit on the Georgina Environmental Advisory Committee (GEAC).
The Georgina Environmental Advisory Committee (GEAC) is an environmental advisory body that will promote the stewardship, preservation, conservation, protection and enhancement of the natural environment in the Town of Georgina. The GEAC utilizes an ecosystem-based approach to:
- Advise Council and staff of the Town of Georgina and seek public input on environmental issues referred from Council and/or staff;
- Undertake projects on behalf of the Town of Georgina at the direction of Council;
- Provide feedback to Council on issues initiated by the Committee
- Undertake educational initiatives that promote environmental awareness
Terms of Reference
The Committee’soutlines the purpose, general activities, and membership responsibility.
The GEAC consists of 7 members including 1 member of Council and 6 citizens with professional expertise respecting environmental management and/or personal interest in the environment.
The length of term for a person appointed to the GEAC shall be for the Council Term of Office.
Current GEAC Members
- Councillor Dave Neeson, Chair
- Kelly Mingram, Vice Chair
- Lee Canavan
- Neil Comer
- Gary Heine
- Mark Payne
- Rebecca Wheater
The GEAC meets every month in the Civic Centre Council Chambers.
- GEAC meetings are open to the public.
- Public input is welcome through a Request to Speak form or a Request for Presentation to the Committee
- The location is wheelchair accessible
- Meetings are conducted in accordance with the Town of Georgina's Procedural By-law
Agendas and Minutes