Georgina Tourism Information
Georgina is located on the largest inland lake in southern Ontario, excluding the Great Lakes. Only a short, one-hour drive north of Toronto, the Town is a desired destination for anyone who enjoys outdoor activities all year long. Many describe the Town as a community of communities, each one rich in history with a wealth of recreational activities and attractions.
The Town of Georgina is home to Sibbald Point Provincial Park, Stephen Leacock Theatre, York Region’s Adventure Headquarters - The ROC and is one of the top fishing destinations in Ontario.
With many things to see and do, you’ll likely want to stay. Come discover Georgina and see why it is the perfect place to live, work and play close to the city.
While Georgina may be known for its summer recreation, it may be even better known for its winter activities on and off the ice. Lake Simcoe, Georgina’s natural gem, does not disappoint in the winter. It is considered by many as the ice fishing capital and is a recreational playground for thrill-seekers and families alike.
- Learn more about downhill skiing, tobogganing, snowboarding and tubing at the ROC
- See a list of ice hut operators
- Find information on indoor and outdoor skating
- Find snowmobile trails in Georgina
- Snowshoeing, hiking and cross-country skiing through the Town’s trail system
- Shop and dine in our historic downtowns
Georgina offers the opportunity to enjoy every type of watersport in the warmer months, including boating, jet-skiing, kiteboarding, stand-up paddleboarding, windsurfing and kayaking. With more than ten marinas throughout Georgina and 52 kilometres of Lake Simcoe shoreline, there are ample opportunities to enjoy the water.
We also have a thriving agri-tourism community where you can purchase and experience fresh products straight from the farm. The Georgina Farmers’ Market runs from May through October and is a seasonal favourite offering local products from more than 30 vendors.
After enjoying our walking trails or cycling along scenic Lake Drive/Hedge Road, a stop for ice cream or a meal at one of our dining establishments is sure to create memorable experiences you’ll likely want to repeat all season long.
- Boat launches and watercraft rentals
- Cool off at splash pads and waterfront parks
- Buy fresh products from local farms
- Explore Sibbald Point Provincial Park
- Golf at one of the Town’s seven golf courses
- Shop and dine in historic downtowns
- Experience history at the Georgina Military Museum or Georgina Pioneer Village
Town-led events such as Field to Table, Taste of Georgina and SnoFest, and supported events like the Georgina Studio Tour and the Georgina Marathon, to name a few, are well-known recurring events that take place throughout Georgina's communities annually. For a list of upcoming events and festivals in Georgina, visit georgina.ca/events.
Tourism Information Centre
For more information on things to do in Georgina and the official place to grab “Georgina” gear, we encourage you to visit the Tourist Information Centre at 20849 Dalton Road in Sutton.