Fishing in Georgina
Many choose to come to Georgina for the array of fishing spots along 52 kilometres of shoreline, the short drive from Toronto and historical downtowns with accommodations, dining and shopping. Whether you are one of the thousands of visiting anglers or a local Georgina resident, everything you need to enjoy this outdoor activity can be found in one of Georgina’s lakeside communities.
Expression of Interests for Fish Hut Operators to occupy a town lot are being accepted now through to November 27, 2020. Business Plan and COVID operating guidelines are required. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open water fishing
Whether you want to fish by boat or land, you have many options in Georgina. You can make a day of it out on the water by renting a boat at one of Georgina’s marinas throughout the Town’s lakeside communities. To launch your boat, you can contact the marinas or visit one of the Town-operated locations.
Notice: Due to COVID-19, the Town’s onshore fishing locations are closed. To stay up-to-date with park operations, visit the COVID-19 webpage.
With several well-established ice hut operators in Georgina, it makes it easy for families and others to try this great winter sport. For active hard-core ice anglers, the quality and quantity of fish available in Lake Simcoe brings them back year after year. For complete details on fishing rules and regulations, visit ontario.ca/fishing.
Ice Hut Operators
- Casey’s Fish Huts, Port Polster: 705-437-1560 website
- D&W Sons Bait and Tackle, Sutton: 905-722-3535 website
- Dave’s Fish Huts, Jackson’s Point: 905-722-3372 website
- Hank Heyink Fish Huts, Jackson’s Point: 905-722-3718 website
- Ice Fishing Outfitters, Sutton: 905-715-9718 website
- Jason’s Fish Huts, Sutton: 905-955-1104
- Paul’s Ice Fishing Huts, Pefferlaw: 705-437-4066
- Pefferlaw Fish Huts, Pefferlaw: 705-437-1890 website
- Snake Island Fish Huts, Keswick: 905-955-0027 website
- Steve’s Fish Huts, Pefferlaw: 705-426-7800
Ice Fishing Derbies on Lake Simcoe
If you’re looking for more information on water/ice rentals or marinas, give our Tourism office a call at 905-476-4301. We’ll be happy to help guide you.
For a complete listing of Georgina's parks that offer fishing, visit the Municipal Facilities and Amenities Map.