The Town of Georgina is a well-balanced community in northern York Region on the southern shores of Lake Simcoe poised for growth. We are dedicated to facilitating local economic growth and prosperity and to ensuring infrastructure and development policies are in place to provide for a healthy community that meets the social, economic and cultural needs of the residents and business owners.
Programs and Initiatives
The Economic Development and Tourism Division encourages new and established businesses to connect with us to see how we can assist in achieving your goals. When we connect, we may mention one of the following programs and initiatives available to support you:
- Economic Recovery Team business support
- Business Class Program to assist developers
- Community Improvement Plan Program grants
- Patio Program to support hospitality sector businesses and boost tourism
- YSpace Entrepreneurship Hub - entrepreneurship and skills development training
- Community Betterment Program grant for festival, event and program organizers
- Georgina Made campaign and business directory
- Grown in Georgina project to boost agri-tourism and support sustainable agriculture
- Promotion of digital enhancement support programs through Digital Main Street
- Business Improvement Area (BIA) support
Economic Strategy and Action Plan
Town of Georgina retained the consulting firm, David Cash and Associates to undertake an update of the Socioeconomic Strategy. Based on the research and information gathered throughout the public consultation process, the Economic Strategy and Action Plan was developed. This Strategy recommends that staff focus on the following four key strategies that have the most potential to create employment growth and an increase in the non-residential tax base:
- Support the expansion of the Town's existing key businesses and target new business investment.
- Enhance and diversify the tourism industry.
- Leverage the economic impact of agriculture, food, and agri-tourism.
- Boost Investment Readiness and ensure places to grow and expand.
These four strategies are contained within the Action Plan that sets out action items and activities that will help further these strategic directions. The document as approved by Council is attached.
Learn more about Georgina and access the tools you need to make your business thrive:
- Discover how your business can leverage the unique advantages we have to offer.
- Learn more about future growth and economic statistics.
- Find available properties and land for sale in Georgina.
- Learn about our Business Park.
- Access business resources and support programs in our community.
- Read our business and tourism news blog.
Need more information or to set up an introductory meeting? Connect with the Town of Georgina's Economic Development and Tourism office.