Site Alteration and Entrance Permit

You are here

Any alteration to the grade of land, including filing, dumping, extracting or moving soil, must be performed in compliance with By-law 2011-0044 (REG-1), as amended. This by-law was enacted to prevent drainage issues within the Town and to protect groundwater and the environment from contamination.

An application for Site Alteration and Entrance is required for the following projects:

  • Construction of a new dwelling or accessory structure
  • Construction of an addition to an existing dwelling or accessory structure
  • Foundation repairs or replacement, or construction of a new foundation
  • Installation of an in-ground pool
  • Grading changes that affect drainage patterns
  • Installation or replacement of a septic system
  • The placement of fill material in excess of 20m3 for the purposes of landscaping or site alteration
  • The placement of fill material for the purpose of storage. Storage of fill materials shall not exceed 1,000m3
  • Installation or modification of an entrance 

Pursuant to By-law No. 2014-0048 (REG-1), the placement of more than 2,000 m3 of fill is not permitted within the Town.   

Instllation of new entrances or modification to existing entrances must be in complaince with the Town's Entrance By-law 2004-0078  and By-law 2017-0024

New entrances must be designed in accordance with the Town's Development Design Criteria: GR-9 for Rural Entrance and GR-8 for Urban Entrance

If you plan to pursue any of the projects listed above, please email your filled out Application Form.

If you have concerns regarding drainage in your area, please fill out the Drainage Concerns Form.

For any further questions contact the Development Engineering division. 


    Attached Documents: