Any alteration to the grade of land, including filing, dumping, extracting or moving soil, must be performed in compliance with By-law 2011-0044 (REG-1), as amended. This by-law was enacted to prevent drainage issues within the Town and to protect groundwater and the environment from contamination.
An application for Site Alteration and Entrance Permit is required for the following projects:
- Construction of a new dwelling or accessory structure
- Construction of an addition to an existing dwelling or accessory structure
- Foundation repairs or replacement, or construction of a new foundation
- Installation of an in-ground pool
- Grading changes that affect drainage patterns
- Installation or replacement of a septic system
- The placement of fill material in excess of 20m3 for the purposes of landscaping or site alteration
- The placement of fill material for the purpose of storage. Storage of fill materials shall not exceed 1,000m3
- Installation or modification of an entrance
Pursuant to By-law No. 2014-0048 (REG-1), the placement of more than 2,000 m3 of fill is not permitted within the Town.
If you plan to pursue any of the projects listed above, please fill out the online Application Form. Please note, this form is a new platform that we launched in 2021. If you have any feedback regarding this platform please reach out to our engineering department.
If you have concerns regarding drainage in your area, please fill out the online Drainage Concerns Form.
The Town of Georgina is testing a new process for our applications, forms and permits. Please let us know if you have any feedback.