Each Term of Office, the Town of Georgina Council invites community members to sit on the Georgina Economic Development Committee (GEDC).
The Committee is responsible for evaluating grant applications received from community groups, and providing recommendations to Council on the disbursement of funds from the economic initiatives and community betterment fund. This Committee also develops and recommends to Council, strategies and implementation plans to support and enhance the Town of Georgina’s Economic Development Programs.
- Community Improvement Plan
- Community Connection Newsletter
- Georgina's Economic Profile
- Town of Georgina Economic Development Division
Terms of Reference
The Economic Development Committee’soutlines the purpose, general activities, and membership responsibility.
The GEDC consists of a maximum of 9 members including 2 members of Town Council, the Georgina Chamber of Commerce President and one Director, and 7 Georgina residents who have experience and vision to promote the standard of living and economic health of Georgina.
The length of term for a person appointed to the GEDC shall be for the Council Term of Office.
Current GEDC Members
- Andi Mahony, Chair
- Matthew Brady, Vice Chair
- Mayor, Margaret Quirk
- Councillor, Frank A. Sebo
- Councillor, Dan Fellini
- Elsa Mateus
- James Beechey
- Kostas Kyriopoulos
- Robin Smith
- Heidi Wong
The GEDC meets every month in the Civic Centre 2nd floor Committee Room.
- GEDC meetings are open to the public.
- Public input is welcome through a Request to Speak form or a Request for Presentation to the Committee
- The location is wheelchair accessible
- Meetings are conducted in accordance with the Town of Georgina's Procedural By-law.
For assistance and information please contact the Economic Development Committee Secretary by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at 905-476-4301 Ext. 2298