Each Term of Office, the Town of Georgina Council invites community members to sit on the Georgina Environmental Advisory Committee (GEAC).
Georgina Environmental Advisory Committee
The Georgina Environmental Advisory Committee (GEAC) is an environmental advisory body that will promote the stewardship, preservation, conservation, protection and enhancement of the natural environment in the Town of Georgina. The GEAC utilizes an ecosystem-based approach to:
- Advise Council and staff of the Town of Georgina and seek public input on environmental issues referred from Council and/or staff;
- Undertake projects on behalf of the Town of Georgina at the direction of Council;
- Provide feedback to Council on issues initiated by the Committee
- Undertake educational initiatives that promote environmental awareness
Agendas and Minutes
Please visit the GEAC Agendas and Minutes webpage.
Terms of Reference
Please read the “Advisory Committee Handbook” found near the top of the Committees and Boards Webpage for specific Terms of Reference for this Committee.
The GEAC consists of 7 members including 1 member of Council and 6 citizens with professional expertise respecting environmental management and/or personal interest in the environment.
The length of term for a person appointed to the GEAC shall be for the Council Term of Office.
Current GEAC members
Members for this committee are currently under review.
The GEAC meets every month in the Civic Centre Council Chambers.
- GEAC meetings are open to the public.
- Public input is welcome through a Request to Speak form or a Request for Presentation to the Committee
- The location is wheelchair accessible
- Meetings are conducted in accordance with the Town of Georgina's Procedure Bylaw
For assistance and information please contact the Committee Services Coordinator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at 905-476-4301 ext. 2377.