The COA hears applications to sever land, also known as a ‘consent’ through public meetings and makes decisions keeping in mind the proper and orderly development of the municipality.
The COA also hears applications submitted by an owner of land requesting a minor variance to the provisions of the Town’s zoning by-law, in respect of the land, building or structure or the use on land. The approval of an application may be subject to such terms and conditions as the Committee considers advisable.
Agendas and Minutes
Terms of Reference
Please read the “Advisory Committee Handbook” found near the top of the Committees and Boards Webpage for specific Terms of Reference for this Committee.
The COA consists of a maximum of 5 members and not less than 3 citizens having knowledge of planning processes including minor variance and consent processes, the ability to be objective and possess relevant education components or equivalent experience to have an open mind in order to fully consider the evidence provided
The length of term for a person appointed to the COA shall be for the Council Term of Office.
Current COA Members
- Chris Burns
- Donald Rae
- John S. Rogers
- Karen Whitney
- Lynda Rogers
The COA meets twice a month on average in the Civic Centre Council Chambers.
- COA meetings are open to the public 2023 Committee of Adjustment Schedule
- Public input is welcome regarding each application being heard at the COA meetings
- Request to Speak for Electronic Meetings - Fillable form Request to Speak for Electronic Meeting
- Residents wishing to be notified of decisions made at meetings can request through a Request to be Notified
- The location is wheelchair accessible
- Meetings are conducted in accordance with the Town of Georgina's Procedural By-law.
For further assistance and information please contact the Secretary-Treasurer by email or telephone at 905-476-4301 Ext. 2258.