The Deputy Chief Administrative Office (DCAO) supports the CAO and senior management in the implementation of Council direction and initiatives on corporate-wide matters with a focus on issues management. As the Town grows and evolves, there are emerging issues that will need to be addressed and resolved. The DCAO will work to prioritize these issues and provide support to the organization as it continues to innovate, improve and meet its corporate and community service goals.
- Clerk’s Division
- Municipal Law Enforcement Division
The range of services provided through the Clerk’s Division include, but are not limited to:
- Secretariat services for Council and Committees of Council; by-law preparation
business, lottery and marriage licences
- Statutory obligations under the Municipal Act, Planning Act, Development Charges Act, Ontario Heritage Act, Vital Statistics Act, Marriage Act, Municipal Elections Act, Freedom of Information Act, and other pieces of legislation
- Officiating of marriage ceremonies, records management
- Provision of Commissioner of Oaths services
- Co-ordination and administration of certain legal files including land conveyances
- Insurance and risk management
Municipal Law Enforcement Division
The Municipal Law Enforcement Division is responsible for enforcement services by the Town. Some of the most common inquires relate to property standards, parking, noise, zoning (land use), aggressive or dangerous dogs, and parks.