Each Term of Office, the Town of Georgina Council invites community members to sit on the Georgina Agricultural Advisory Committee (GAgAC).
Georgina Agricultural Advisory Committee
The Georgina Agricultural Advisory Committee (GAgAC) is an agricultural advisory body that will promote the stewardship, preservation, protection and public awareness of farming and agricultural issues in the Town of Georgina.
- Advises Council and staff and seek public input on agricultural issues referred by Council and/or staff;
- Undertakes projects on behalf of the Town of Georgina at the direction of Council;
- Provides feedback to Council on issues initiated by the Committee
- Undertakes educational initiatives that promote agricultural preservation and awareness
Terms of Reference
The Committee’s Terms of reference outlines the purpose, general activities and membership responsibility.
The GAgAC consists of a maximum of 7 members including one member of Council and 6 citizens with professional expertise respecting farming and agriculture and/or personal interest in farming and agriculture.
The length of term for a person appointed to the GAgAC shall be for the Council Term of Office.
Current GAgAC members
- Brad Smockum, Chair
- Kevin Hutchings, Vice-Chair
- Councillor Dave Harding
- Brenda Rae
- Bob Johnston
- Ross Wellman
For assistance and information please contact the Committee Services Coordinator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at 905-476-4301.