The Legislative Services division manages the legal and regulatory aspects of the Town including:
- Clerk’s Division
- Municipal Law Enforcement Division
The range of services provided through the Clerk’s Division include, but are not limited to:
- Secretariat services for Council and Committees of Council; by-law preparation
business, lottery and marriage licences
- Statutory obligations under the Municipal Act, Planning Act, Development Charges Act, Ontario Heritage Act, Vital Statistics Act, Marriage Act, Municipal Elections Act, Freedom of Information Act, and other pieces of legislation
- Officiating of marriage ceremonies, records management
- Provision of Commissioner of Oaths services
- Co-ordination and administration of certain legal files including land conveyances
- Insurance and risk management
Municipal Law Enforcement Division
The Municipal Law Enforcement Division is responsible for enforcement services by the Town. Some of the most common inquiries related to property standards, parking, noise, zoning (land use), aggressive or dangerous dogs, and parks.
Procurement Services is responsible for the sourcing and procurement activities for a large variety of goods and services required by the Town. Opportunities to do business with the Town are posted on the Bids and Tenders section of the website.