Jackson’s Point Harbourfront Redevelopment Plan
The Town of Georgina initiated a study that prepared the Jackson’s Point Harbourfront Redevelopment Plan for the lands in the Jackson’s Point Harbour Area. The study area includes:
- Town owned lands: Lorne Park, Bonnie Park, Harbour, Bonnie Blvd (road allowance) and Malone Wharf.
- MSR Lalu Jackson’s Point Inc. lands (former Bonnie Boats)
- Ramada Hotel
- Water Lots Associated with these properties
The Redevelopment Plan evolved through broad based engagement with the residential and business community, landowners, technical agencies, Town staff and Council. The Redevelopment Plan set a vision for Jackson’s Point Harbourfront based on the guiding principles for development as outlined in the Sutton/Jackson’s Point Secondary Plan.
Jackson’s Point is not only known for its beauty, but also its rich history. Enjoy this video that captures the vitality of this unique area inviting the public to explore what potential opportunities could lie ahead.
After receiving approval from York Region Council, the York Regional Police Services Board announced that the YRP Marine Unit will be moving to a portion of the former Bonnie Boats Marina within Jackson’s Point. View the official announcement from the YRP Services Board and the release that was issued by the Town of Georgina.
The Town of Georgina retained a consulting firm “The Planning Partnership” who solicited input from the public and with a team comprised of Town staff, technical experts and agencies prepared recommendations for a Redevelopment Plan for the Jackson’s Point Harbourfront.
Public Engagement Opportunities Included:
- One-on-One Interviews available (20 mins) May 29th and May 30th - Complete
- Public Design Charrette – June 8th and 10th - Complete
- Roving Information Sessions - July 9th (Georgina Farmer's Market), July 15th (Music in the Jackson's Point Parkette), July 22nd (Festival on High, Sutton), July 22nd (Movie Night in the Jackson's Point Parkette) - Complete
- Public Workshop - August 10th - Ramada Hotel, 3 p.m. or 6:30 p.m. - Complete
- Complete the Jackson's Point Harbourfront Redevelopment Survey by August 4 - Complete
- Provide your input on the by August 24th. - Complete
- Attend the Open House on Wednesday August 30th at The Ramada Hotel from 5 p.m to 7:30 p.m. - Complete
- Attend the Council Meeting Tuesday, September 19th at 7 p.m.
- Attend the Council Meeting Wednesday, November 22 at 7 p.m.
Reports and Presentations
|Post August 30, 2017||
|August 30, 2017||
Public Open House
|August 10, 2017||
Presentation of input recieved on 3 Design Concepts
* Please note presentations are identitcal with the exception of one slide that was added to the 6:30 p.m. presentation to clarify a question raised in the 3 p.m. session. This slide was added for the evening session to provide an example of a hotel with private waterfront, as in the case of Ramada, where the public is still afforded access to the waterfront.
|N/A||Sutton/Jackson’s Point Secondary Plan|
|April 19, 2017||
Jackson’s Point Harbourfront Redevelopment Plan – Project Proposal
|April 19, 2017|
|March 22, 2017||
Proposed Jackson’s Point Harbourfront Redevelopment Plan