Each Term of Office, the Town of Georgina Council invites community members to sit on the Georgina Accessibility Advisory Committee (GAAC). The role of the GAAC is to provide vision and recommendations to Council and staff regarding the removal of barriers that exist within our municipal services, facilities, practices and programs and to review site plans upon request.
The Accessibility Improvement Grant Program promotes improved accessibility to existing buildings within Uptown Keswick, Sutton, and Jackson's Point. All applications for this grant program will be considered subject to the availability of funding. Program eligibility will be determined by staff in consultation with the Community Improvement Plan Committee (CIPC).
Terms of Reference
The Committee’soutlines the purpose, general activities and membership responsibility.
Multi-Year Accessibility Plan (2018-2022)
The Town of Georgina's
The GAAC consists of 9 members including two members of Council.
Current GAAC Members:
- Cindy Clarke, Chair
- Laurie Pangman, Vice Chair
- Regional Councillor, Robert Grossi
- Councillor, Dave Harding
- Annette Piggott
- Michelle Radigan-Marriott
The GAAC meets every month in the Civic Centre Council Chambers.
- GAAC meetings are open to the public.
- Public input is welcome through a Request to Speak form or a Request for Presentation to the Committee
- The location is wheelchair accessible
- Meetings are conducted in accordance with the Town of Georgina's Procedural By-law.
For assistance and information, please contact the Committee Services Coordinator by email at email@example.com or telephone at 905-476-4301
Agendas and Minutes
Please visit the GAAC Agendas and Minutes web-page.
Picture: Logo of the Georgina Accessibility Advisory Committee