Each year, the Town of Georgina passes a budget to determine how funds will be spent.
Council discusses the draft budget and listens to resident input during a series of meetings.
Work on the 2020 Budget is underway.
The draft budget will come before Council on Oct. 23, with final budget adoption expected on Dec. 11.
Watch for public engagement opportunities and a budget survey to come.
Where do your tax dollars go?
2019 Final Budget
- Tab 1 - Budget Summary / Table of Contents
- Tab 2 - Operations and Infrastructure Department
- Tab 3 - Recreation and Culture Department
- Tab 4 - Fire and Rescue Services
- Tab 5 - Development Services
- Tab 6 - Human Resources
- Tab 7 - Corporate Services
- Tab 8 - Deputy Chief Administrative Officer
- Tab 9 - Office of the Chief Administrative Office
- Tab 10 - Office of the Mayor and Council
- Tab 11 - Georgina Public Library
- Tab 12 - 10 Year Capital Plan
Financial policies, plans and studies
Previous Municipal Budgets
Federal Tax Funding
A municipality’s budget is made up of two parts:
Operating – spent on running Town facilities, programs and services
Capital – spent on building and repairing Town infrastructure, including roads, pipes and buildings
To fund the operating and capital budgets in Georgina, annual revenues are generated. The main sources of revenue are property taxes, user fees and development charges.
Your property tax bill is divided between the Town of Georgina, York Region and the Province of Ontario for education. Georgina uses its portion of your taxes to pay for Town programs and services.
User fees and service charges
These are paid by residents and businesses when accessing certain services, such as recreation programs and permits.
These are paid by developers and are used to help fund capital projects such as roads, pipes and recreation centres.
In 2018, the Town of Georgina spent $76.2 million on delivering property tax supported programs and services, and maintaining Town infrastructure.
Your property taxes are used to fund programs and services at the Town, regional and provincial level.
- Animal services
- Fire and rescue services
- Georgina Public Library
- Licences and permits
- Infrastructure replacement
- Maintenance of Town facilities
- Municipal law enforcement and by-laws
- Office support and administration
- Parks, sports field and beaches maintenance
- Recreation and culture services
- Roads services
- Snow removal on local roads and sidewalks
- Town planning and development
- Waste collection
- Maintenance of main/major roads, sewers and bridges
- Public health services
- Regional planning and growth management
- Regional waste disposal
- Snow removal on regional roads
- Social assistance
- Social housing
- Traffic planning on regional roads
- York Regional Police
- York Region Transit and Viva services
Province of Ontario: